The Mayor’s Council on Health has announced it is seeking health service information from any organization that provides health and health care services and information to the public, for inclusion in a Health Resource Directory that is being compiled. The directory will be disseminated at key locations in the community and on the County of Maui’s website.
The Mayor’s Council on Health was convened by Mayor Charmaine Tavares in December, 2008, to continue the work that had begun with the Maui Health Initiative Task Force in 2007. The Council focuses on health promotion, planning, collaboration and community education.
Organizations may submit their information to the Mayor’s Council on Health by calling 270-1796.
Information has already been received from the following organizations:
• Aging with Aloha
• Maui Family Support Services
• Maui Family Support Services – Early Head Start
• Maui Children’s Justice Center
• Maui County Committee on the Status of Women
• Maui County Human Services
• Maui County Office on Aging
• Maui County Volunteer Center
• Maui Geriatric Mental Health Hui
• OHANA Health Plan Directory
For more information on the Mayor’s Council on Health, call Dr. Alfred Arensdorf at 270-7855.
|0 Disqus Comments|