To ensure everyone has the prerequisite knowledge to participate in the advanced workshops to be announced in the next few weeks, Peter Liu is kicking off the new High Tech Maui workshop series with an intensive Social Media Boot Camp on Saturday, June 25.
This six-hour intensive walkthrough of the social media landscape replaces all the previous High Tech Maui introductory workshops, and includes:
- Getting started in social media for your business:
- General principles, mindsets, strategies, do’s and don’t’s and etiquette.
- Introduction to blogging for your business:
- Find out why the blog is the new website, and why your website basically amounts to an overpriced online business card if it doesn’t include a blog.
- Things to think about before starting a blog.
- How blogs are hosted on the Web and how to start one.
- How to come up with good content for your blog.
- Best practices in blogging for maximum effect.
- Blogging etiquette.
- Connecting and autoposting your blogs to your social networks
- Using services like Posterous to live blog.
- Introduction to the current popular social networks—setting up accounts, profile management and basic best practices in:
The workshop will be held at the Maui Economic Development Board’s Malcolm Center in the Maui Research and Technology Park from 10 am to 4 pm. Cost is $65 and seating is limited to 30. Attendees can register register online.
Peter Liu, owner of Kaiscapes, is a social media consultant with moe than 30 years of experience in the computer industry.