By Wendy Osher
The Charter Commission hearing that was scheduled for tonight (June 28, 2011) at 6:30 p.m. at the Lahaina Civic Center has been postponed. The new meeting date is scheduled for July 13, at 6:30 p.m. at the Lahaina Civic Center.
Staff from the county’s Department of the Corporation Counsel said the date change is due to a technical error. Under the Sunshine Law, the agenda for the meeting must be posted six full days prior to the meeting.
The notice serves as an official document that lets the public know what will be discussed and and if any decision making is planned.
The remaining Charter Commission Meeting Schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, July 5, 2011 – Helene Hall Hana
- Monday, July 11, 2011 – Molokai Mitchell Pau’ole Center
- Wednesday July 13, 2011 – Lahaina Civic Center
- Wednesday, July 20, 2011 – Lanai Community Center
- Monday, July 25, 2011 – Kihei Community Center
Public hearings begin at 6:30 p.m. and run no longer than 9:30 p.m. The exact time/date of the Molokai and Lanai meetings depend on plane/boat and hotel arrangements.
|Sign Up To Our Weekly Newsletter||0 Disqus Comments|