Vehicles Thefts on Maui Nov. 6 to 12, 2011
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 8 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between November 6 and 12, 2011.
Three of the incidents were in Kihei, and two were in Lahaina. There was also reports of stolen vehicles in Kahului, Maalaea and Napili.
Three of the vehicles stolen have since been recovered.
The type of vehicles taken included an ATV, two motorcycles, a moped, a Nissan Sentra and Altima, a Toyota Tacoma, and a Ford Ranger.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Thursday, 11/10/11, 6 p.m.: Pakaula Street, at the Goodfellow Brothers Baseyard. 2006 Green Poloris Ranger Sport.
- Saturday, 11/12/11, 5:15 a.m.: South Kihei Road at the Shores of Maui. 2006 Blue and White Suzuki Colt Motorcycle.
- Friday, 11/11/11, 7 p.m.: Ohina Street. Yellow, red and white Moto X Mini Motorcycle.
- Thursday, 11/10/11, 10:30 p.m.: Namauu Place. Green moped. ID#: RFGBS1AJ6ASFT2715.
- Saturday, 11/12/11, 8 a.m.: Wainee Street at the Spinnaker Apartments. 2005 Black Nissan Sentra. RECOVERED.
- Friday, 11/11/11, 7:02 a.m.: Front Steet at the Channel House. 2000 Gray Nissan Altima. RECOVERED.
- Wednesday, 11/9/11, 6 p.m.: Hauoli Street at the Lauloa Apartments. 2004 Gray Toyota Tacoma. Lic#: 797MCZ
- Sunday, 11/6/11, 11 a.m.: Lower Honoapiilani Road at Napili Gardens. 1995 Black Ford Ranger. RECOVERED.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.