By Wendy Osher
There were a total of six vehicle break-ins on Maui over a seven day period between November 13 and 19, 2011.
There were three incidents in Kahului, and once case each in Haiku, Kula and Paia. Most of the incidents were reported at public places including malls, businesses and public parking lots.
Types of vehicles involved in the various island incidents included two Dodge Chargers, and a variety of other vehicles.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Sunday, 11/13/11, 6 p.m.: Haiku Cannery. 1994 Green Chevy S10.
- Tuesday, 11/15/11, 6:50 a.m.: West Kamehameha Avenue at Maui Electric Company. 1999 Green Mazda sport truck.
- Thursday, 11/17/11, 4:30 p.m.: Kaahumanu Avenue at Kahului Beach Road, behind the Maui Beach Hotel. 1994 Red Honda two-door hatchback.
- Thursday, 11/17/11, 1 p.m.: East Kaahumanu Avenue at the Maui Mall. 2010 White Dodge Charger.
- Monday, 11/14/11, 9:11 a.m.: Ohiaku Street at the Institute for Astronomy. 2004 Blue Nissan Sentra.
- Wednesday, 11/16/11, 9:01 p.m.: Near the Baldwin Avenue, Hana Highway intersection, at the Paia Municipal Parking Lot. 2010 Silver Dodge Charger.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.
|Sign Up To Our Weekly Newsletter||
0 Disqus Comments