By Wendy Osher
There were a total of eight vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between December 18 and 24, 2011.
There were two incidents each in Kahului, Lahaina, and Wailea; and one incident each in Kihei, and Paia.
Types of vehicles involved in the various island incidents included: 3 Jeeps, 1 Honda Accord, 1 Honda Civic, 1 Dodge Charger, 1 Chevy Cobalt, and 1 Chrysler Town & County.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Thursday, 12/22/11, 1:48 a.m.: Hukilike Street. 1996 White Honda Accord.
- Wednesday, 12/21/11, 7:10 p.m.: Kaahumanu Avenue at the Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Center. 2010 White Dodge Charger.
- Sunday, 12/18/11, 10:15 a.m.: South Kihei Road at the Mana Kai. 2010 White Chevy Cobalt.
- Sunday, 12/18/11, 11 a.m.: Olowalu Road at Olowalu Landing near Mile Marker 15. 2012 Silver Jeep four-door.
- Tuesday, 12/20/11, 7:30 a.m.: Olowalu Road on the makai side of the roadway. 2010 Light Blue Chrysler Town & Country.
- Wednesday, 12/21/11, 7 p.m.: near Baldwin Avenue and the Hana Highway at the Paia Municipal Parking Lot. 2011 Silver Jeep Wrangler.
- Tuesday, 12/20/11, 3 p.m. Makena Road at Big Beach. 2011 Silver Jeep Wrangler.
- Thursday, 12/22/11, 9:55 a.m.: near Kaukahi Street and Makena Road at the Polo Beach Access Parking Lot. 1993 White Honda Civic.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.
0 Disqus Comments