7 Vehicle Thefts on Maui Jan. 15 to 21, 2012January 26, 2012, 8:39 AM HST (Updated January 26, 2012, 9:06 AM) · 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 7 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between January 15 and 21, 2012.
There were two incidents each in Kihei and Lahaina, and isolated incidents in Kahului, Kula, and Pukalani.
The types of vehicles taken included three mopeds, three automobiles, and one SUV.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Friday, Jan. 20, 2012, 6 a.m.: South Wakea Avenue. 2007 White Mazda CX7. RECOVERED.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012, 7 p.m.: South Kihei Road at the Cavalry Chapel. Blue Rocketa Powersport moped.
- Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012, 1:50 p.m.: Kaiwahine Street. 1993 Red Yamaha motorscooter. Vehicle ID #: JYA3EKC01PA025320.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012, 7:44 a.m.: Keokea Place at the Kula Hospital. 1994 Black Honda Accord. RECOVERED.
- Sunday, Jan. 15, 2012, 6:05 p.m.: Front Street fronting Kimo’s restaurant. 2011 Orange King Ring Sunny moped. RECOVERED.
- Thursday, Jan. 19, 2012, 11:49 a.m.: Front Street at the Makai Apartments. 2011 Silver Nissan Rouge. RECOVERED.
- Friday, Jan. 20, 2012, 11 p.m.: Leolani Place. 2003 Greed Ford F150. RECOVERED.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.