10 Vehicle Thefts on Maui Jan. 29 to Feb. 4, 2012February 9, 2012, 7:50 AM HST (Updated February 9, 2012, 8:03 AM) · 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 10 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between January 29 and February 4, 2012.
The incidents were spread throughout different districts including five incidents in Kahului, and one incident each in Kaanapali, Kihei, Kula, Lahaina, and Wailuku. Four of the vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 9 a.m.: Kalapu Drive fronting the International Colony Club. Blue and White Gemini, type 2 vessel (boat on trailer). License plate #: L74627 Vehicle Identification #: GPZ21214I394.
- Saturday, February 4, 2012, 6 p.m.: Ani Street. 2006 Orange KTM dirt bike. Vehicle Identification #: VBKMXH2396M162051.
- Saturday, February, 4, 2012, 1:09 p.m.: West Mokuea Place at Avis. 2010 Gray Chevy Camaro. Lic#: LBK100. RECOVERED.
- Monday, January 30, 2012, 7 a.m.: Alamaha Street. 2004 Gray Hyundai Elantra. Lic#: MPU241. VIN#: KMHDN45D71U203964. RECOVERED.
- Monday, January 30, 2012, 10:30 a.m.: Haleakala Highway at Costco employee parking lot. 1995 Dark Gray Honda Accord. Lic#: GCS885. VIN#: JHMCD5663SC060932. RECOVERED.
- Friday, February 3, 2012, 1:25 p.m.: East Kaahumanu Avenue at the Maui Mall parking lot. 2006 Silver Scion XB. Lic#: VC2488. VIN#: JTLKT324864064634. RECOVERED.
- Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 3:03 p.m.: Uwapo Road at Kihei Villages. 2005 White Dodge Ram. Lic#: PPAR 169. VIN#: 1D7HU18N15S203798.
- Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 5:30 p.m.: Lower Kimo Drive. 2000 Black Mercedes SUV. Lic#: MLZ614.
- Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 11:30 a.m.: Honoapiilani Highway at the Safeway side of the Lahaina Cannery Mall. 2003 White Chevy Venture. Lic#: 837MDB. VIN#: 1GBJG31U937218413.
- Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 5 p.m.: Waiale Road. 2011 Red China Brand 50CC Quad ATV.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.