11 Vehicle Break-ins on Maui Feb. 26 to Mar. 3, 2012
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 11 vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between February 26 and March 3, 2012.
The incidents included three break-ins on Molokai, three incidents in Maalaea, and two incidents in Kahului. Two of the break-ins involved 80s Toyota Hilux vehicles.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:09 a.m.: Hana Highway at the Bamboo Forest Trail. Blue Subaru Impreza.
- Friday, March 2, 2012, 7:22 a.m.: Moomomi Avenue near Puupeelua Avenue. 2006 White Ford F250.
- Friday, March 2, 2012, 7:22 a.m.: Moomomi Avenue near Puupeelua Avenue. 2001 Red Chevy S10.
- Thursday, March 1, 2012, 7:45 p.m.: 275 Kaahumanu Avenue at the Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Center. 2011 White Chevy Equinox.
- Saturday, March 3, 2012, 4:49 p.m.: Maui Market Place Fronting the Sports Authority. 1996 Blue Mazda pickup.
- Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 4:04 p.m.: Ainoa Street. 1989 Gray Toyota Hilux.
- Tuesdsay, February 28, 2012, 3 p.m.: South Kihei Road at the Kihei Regency parking lot. 1985 Black Toyota Hilux.
- Sunday, February 26, 2012, 4:06 p.m.: Hauoli Street at Maalaea Road. 1987 Blue Nissan XE.
- Thursday, March 1, 2012, 10 a.m.: Maalaea Road at the Maui Ocean Center parking lot. 2011 Silver Jeep Compass.
- Saturday, March 3, 2012, 10 a.m.: Maalaea Road at the Maui Ocean Center parking lot. 2010 White Dodge Charger.
- Sunday, February 26, 2012, 2:30 p.m.: South Kihei Road at Keawekapu Park at the end of South Kihei Road. 2011 Orange Jeep Wrangler.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.