By Wendy Osher
There were a total of seven vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between March 25 and 31, 2012.
The incidents included the break-in of two vehicles each in Kahului and Lahaina, as well as incidents in Kula, Paia, and Pukalani. The break-ins involved (1) Dodge Caravan, (1) Lexus sedan, (1) Honda Civic, (1) Nissan Frontier, (1) Ford Ranger, and (1) Toyota Tacoma.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 10:30 p.m.: Kele Street at Denny’s. 2009 Silver Dodge Caravan.
- Friday, March 30, 2012, 6 p.m.: South Puunene Avenue at A&B Properties.
- Saturday, March 31, 2012, 6:30 a.m.: On the Kula Highway, near Omaopio Road. 2006 Silver Lexus four-door sedan.
- Sunday, March 25, 2012, 2 p.m.: Kai Pali Place. 2012 Black Honda Civic.
- Friday, March 30, 2012, 7 p.m.: Front Street. 2003 Silver Toyota Tacoma.
- Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 6:12 p.m.: Hana Highway at Ho’okipa Park. 2012 Silver Nissan Frontier.
- Friday, March 30, 2012, 1 p.m.: Pukalani Street at the Pukalani Terrace. 2009 Gray Ford Ranger.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.