By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 11 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between April 1 and 7, 2012.
The incidents include two thefts in Napili, and one incident each in Kihei, Lahaina, Makawao, Pukalani, and Waiehu.
Vehicles stolen included: (3) mopeds, (2) Ford (1) dirt bike, and (1) Toyota station wagon.
Three of the stolen vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Sunday, April 1, 2012, 1:30 a.m.: South Kihei Road at Kihei Kalama Village parking lot. 2007 White Ford Fusion. RECOVERED.
- Saturday, April 7, 2012, 7:30 a.m.: 600 Block of Front Street. Blue moped.
- Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 1 p.m.: Ahuwale Place. 1993 Black Ford Ranger. License #: LAG008; VIN #: 1FTCR11U7PUB99139.
- Friday, April 6, 2012, 9:10 a.m.: Polohina Lane. Yellow and Silver Shijiazhuang Mfg., Corp. moped.
- Friday, April 6, 2012, 6 p.m.: Lower Honoapiilani Road at the Maui Lani apartments. 2009 Black Benzhou moped. RECOVERED.
- Sunday, April 1, 2012, 4 a.m.: Liholani Street. 1987 Brown Toyota four-door station wagon. License #: MXX156; VIN #: JT2AL32V7H3671058.
- Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12 p.m.: Makiki Street. 2012 Green and White Kawasaki dirtbike. VIN #: JKALXSC13CDA82048.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.