10 Vehicle Thefts on Maui Sept. 2 to 8, 2012
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 10 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between September 2 and 8, 2012.
The incidents include six incidents in Kihei, two incidents in Wailuku, and isolated incidents in Kahului and Paia.
One of the stolen vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Thursday, September 6, 2012, 9 p.m.: Kea Street. 1987 Black Toyota Hilux. License: EZT383; VIN: JT4RN50R8H0295669.
- Monday, September 3, 2012, 11 p.m.: South Kihei Road at the Villas by the Sea. 2011 Silver and Black moped. VIN: LYDTCBPC4B1501585.
- Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 3:54 p.m.: South Kihei Road at the Maui Kamaole. 2011 Red Nissan Frontier. VIN: 1N6AD0ER0BC429735.
- Sunday, September 2, 2012, 7:30 p.m.: North Kihei Road 1/2 mile past Sugar Beach Resort. 1995 White Mazda B2200. VIN: 4TAUN41B0SZ002514.
- Saturday, September 8, 2012, 6 a.m.: South Kihei Road at the Paradise Gardens Apartments. 2011 Black Tacquito moped.
- Saturday, September 8, 2012, 3 p.m.: South Kihei Road at the Kihei Regency Apartments. 2012 Black Sanyang moped. VIN: RFGBS1AJ7CSFT3536.
- Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 8 p.m.: Halili Lane at the Villas at Kenolio. 2010 Red Quianjiang motorcycle. VIN: LFFWBT4C3A1002528.
- Monday, September 3, 2012, 6 p.m.: Baldwin Avenue at Fresh Mint Vegetarian Restaurant. 2013 White Chevy Impala. License: LCR076; VIN: 1G1PG5SC0C7159717.
- Sunday, September 2, 2012, 11 a.m.: Vineyard Street at the Bungalow Apartments. 2010 Blue Pacific Oliver City 49CC moped. VIN: RFTJV50AXAL800377.
- Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:46 p.m.: Papua Street. 2010 Silver Honda Accord. RECOVERED.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.