By Wendy Osher
The Surfrider Foundation Maui Chapter joins the Community Work Day in hosting their first beach cleanup of the year this Saturday, January 19th at Ukumehame Beach Park. The event runs from 9 a.m. to noon.
Participants are asked to bring their own buckets, reusable bags, water bottle, and gloves. Free lunch provided by Porto Flame Fired Artisan Pizza and filtered non-bottled water will be provided.
The cleanup will begin at Ukumehame Beach Park, just past the tunnel on the way to Lahaina Town near the Surfrider Foundation banners.
“This is a perfect opportunity for individuals, businesses, and community groups to gather and enjoy each others company, while making a difference at the same time,” event organizers said.
For more information, contact organizers via email at: email@example.com.
Surfrider Foundation-Maui Chapter beach clean-ups take place on the third Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Upcoming events include the following schedule:
- February 16: Waiehu Beach Cleanup
- March 16: Monkeypod Kitchen, Po’olenalena Beach Cleanup
- April 20: Flatbread, Kahului Harbor Beach Cleanup
- May 18: Sugar Beach
- June 15: Lulu’s, Launiupoko Beach Cleanup
- August 17: Flatbread, Kanaha Beach Cleanup
- September 2: Kamehameha Iki Park
- October 19: Flatbread, North Shore Town Cleanup
- November 16: 808 Deli, Big Beach Cleanup
- December 21: Maui Brewing Company, Flemmings Beach Cleanup
|Sign Up To Our Weekly Newsletter||0 Disqus Comments|