Maui    News & Information Hub
HEADLINE NEWS Weekly Newsletter

Fire at Kahului Business Causes $1,000 Damage

Share |
   February 18th, 2013 · No Comments · Featured, Maui News
File photo by Wendy Osher.

File photo by Wendy Osher.

By Wendy Osher

A fire at a business in Kahului resulted in an estimated $1,000 in damage over the weekend.

The incident in was reported at 2:36 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013 in the kitchen area of Mikey’s Place, located at 350 Ho’ohana Street.

Upon arrival, crews from Engine-10 and Hazmat-10 were informed by an employee that the fire was put out using a portable fire extinguisher in addition to the sprinkler system that was activated.

Maui Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga said the cause of the fire was accidental and was contained to the kitchen area.

No injuries were reported.

Sign Up To Our Weekly Newsletter
    Recommend This Article
    Related Stories

    Tags

    Comments
Editor's Note:Maui Now is an open forum and we welcome any views. However, please apply your sense of aloha when posting comments - remarks that are unnecessarily offensive will be blocked.

 
By publishing a comment, you are acknowledging that you are personally responsible for its contents.


Loading Facebook Comments