Red Cross Offers Free Training in Hāna, WailukuJuly 19, 2013, 12:19 PM HST · Updated July 19, 12:20 PM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
The American Red Cross on Maui is recruiting disaster services volunteers in Central and East Maui.
During the month of August, free disaster services training courses will be provided free of charge in Wailuku and Hāna.
The basic disaster classes provide volunteers with fundamental skills in disaster resopnse.
New volunteer candidates must register for, and attend, the entire series of courses offered at either location.
The Central Maui series will take place at the Maui Red Cross Office, located at 45 North Market Street, Suite A in Wailuku. The following Courses will be offered at specified times:
- Tuesday, Aug. 6, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Disaster Services: An Overview
- Thursday, Aug. 8, 5:30 – 9 p.m.: Shelter Fundamentals
- Tuesday, Aug. 13, 5:30 – 8 p.m.: Disaster Assessment Basics
- Thursday, Aug. 15, 5:30 – 9 p.m.: Disaster Action Team, An Orientation
The East Maui series will take place at the Hāna Community Center located at 5091 Uakea Road at the following times:
- Friday, Aug. 2, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Disaster Services: An Overview
- Saturday, Aug. 3, 8:30 – 11 a.m.: Shelter Fundamentals
- Saturday, Aug. 3, 12 – 3:30 p.m.: Disaster Assessment Basics
- Sunday, Aug. 4, 12 – 3:30 p.m.: Disaster Action Team, An Orientation
To become a volunteer the first step is to register online at the following direct LINK.