By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of five vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between July 28 and Aug. 3, 2013.
The cases include (1) incident in Haʻikū, (4) Kahului, (1) Kīhei, and (2) Wailea.
Four of the eight stolen vehicles has since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 5 p.m.: Puʻukoʻa Place. 2000 Gold Ford ranger. License: MSS320. VIN: 1FTXR14VXPB69028.
- Monday, July 29, 2013, 4:30 a.m.: South Oʻahu Street. 191 Dark Blue Toyota SR5. License: MFL354. VIN: JT4RN81A8M5105165.
- Monday, July 29, 2013, 3:30 p.m.: Hoʻohana Street at Hawaiian Dredging. 2004 White Ford F150. RECOVERED.
- Monday, July 29, 2013, 3:30 p.m.: Hoʻohana Street at Hawaiian Dredging. 2003 White Ford F150. RECOVERED.
- Sunday, July 28, 2013, 7:35 a.m.: South Mōkapu. 1992 White Toyota Hilux. RECOVERED.
- Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, 5:30 p.m.: Kaiwahine Street. 2006 White E-Ton Dynamics Technology moped. VIN: RK15BB0C87A007364.
- Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013, 1 p.m.: at Shops at Wailea. 2012 Black moped. VIN: L4YTAAB55CAB00711.
- Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, 12 p.m.: Mikioi Place. 2000 White Honda Accord. RECOVERED.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities. Supporting information provided by Maui Police.