MauiWine’s 2nd Annual Holiday Tree Lighting at ʻUlupalakuaDecember 9, 2015, 2:21 PM HST · Updated December 9, 2:21 PM 0 Comments
Residents and visitors are invited to celebrate the holidays with family and friends at the Second Annual Holiday Tree Lighting event from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 12, the grounds of MauiWine at ʻUlupalakua Ranch.
Event organizers say, “The lush and tall pine trees combined with that holiday chill in the air makes Upcountry the perfect location to bundle-up and celebrate the holiday season.”
Admission is free but it is requested that attendees bring a can of non-perishable food as a donation to the Maui Food Bank.
The event features the following activities:
- Lighting of a 22-foot Monterey pine holiday-decorated tree from Kula Botanical Gardens
- Blessing by kumu hula Gordean Bailey and a hula performance by hālau Wehiwehi o Leilehua
- Live music entertainment by Derick Sebastian
- Movie under the stars: Elf, the holiday comedy, will be the free, featured film
- Family and keiki photos in front of the holiday tree with Santa Claus
- Holiday crafts and activities for keiki
- Sparkling toasts and tastings of MauiWine’s exclusive ʻUlupalakua Vineyards estate-grown wines
- Warm holiday beverages and holiday comfort food by ʻUlupalakua Ranch Store & Grill will be available for purchase such as shepherd’s pies, bread pudding and more.
The event starts at 4:30 p.m. with the blessing and lighting of the holiday tree after sunset, followed by a movie under the stars. The movie will be showcased on MauiWine’s outdoor pavilion; visitors are encouraged to bring blankets and low-back lawn chairs.
MauiWine is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. offering complimentary tastings of its pineapple and traditional methode sparkling wines inside the King’s Cottage, a former retreat built for King David Kalākaua. Complimentary historical tours of the estate and the cellar are at 10:30 a.m., 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
The winery is located at 14815 Piʻilani Highway in Kula on ʻUlupalakua Ranch.