Wailuku First Friday: Happy & Healthy Wailuku!October 7, 2016, 2:36 PM HST (Updated October 7, 2016, 2:43 PM) · 0 Comments
Wailuku First Friday is this Friday, Oct. 7, 2016. This free family event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on historic Market Street. The event is free and all are welcome.
Besides food and crafts, WFF will include the following entertainment:
- HMSA presents Leylani Music on the Maui Thing Stage, 6 p.m. and Kalani Pe’a 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Live music by Josh Kahula featuring Oktoberfest at the Beer Garden, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Neto’s & Barbara’s Hot Salsa Band at the Banyan Tree Park, 6 to 9 p.m.
Other WFF highlights on Market Street include:
- Fresh Island Art, Est. 1999 & Made in Maui County Festival art by Sean Baba at NorthShore Art & Frame, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Free Kundalani Yoga Class at Afterglow Yoga, 5 to 6:15 p.m.
- Heather O’Shaunessy Art Reception at Wailuku Coffee Company, 6 p.m.
- Tony Award-Winning Comedy Play: “Boeing, Boeing.” At Historic Iao Theater, Tickets $20 – $40, 7:30 p.m.
- Area808 Designs Soft Opening – Local apparel and goods 51 N. Market Street, 6 to 9 p.m.
- View First Friday live on www.wailukucam.com with host Harry Eager -courtesy of Kamaʻāina Loan & Cash for Gold, 98 N. Market Street
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party, held from 6 to 9 p.m., with Market Street closed to vehicular traffic from 5:30 p.m.
Motorists are reminded that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed.
Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9 p.m.; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9 p.m.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafts and food vendors.
For vendor information and future reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at (808) 281-2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is sponsored by the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, , First Hawaiian Bank, Kamaʻāina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Hawaii Carpenters Union-Maui, Meadow Gold, HMSA, and Connec, LLC.
Friday Town Parties are now celebrated every week, every month in different towns across Maui County.