Ask the Mayor: Best Way to Report Abandoned Vehicles?October 23, 2016, 12:00 PM HST (Updated October 23, 2016, 5:29 PM) · 10 Comments
Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the questions submitted to his office staff.
Submit your own questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa via email at AskTheMayor@mauicounty.gov, call 270-7855 or send them by mail to 200 S. High St., 9th Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793. Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column.
Q: Greetings. I have a suggestion: please have an online form on the county website whereby a citizen can provide abandoned vehicle information.
In the past, when I have submitted abandoned vehicle information via the non-emergency phone number, it was somewhat cumbersome, not to mention tying up the operator/dispatch person.
Thank you for considering this suggestion.
A: Thanks for your suggestion. We think it’s a good idea to call the MPD non-emergency line at 244-6400 (select “0”) to report abandoned vehicles because you are able to interactively provide the best information to them and answer any questions that the dispatcher may have regarding the vehicle or its location. However, if you prefer to do
However, if you prefer to do it online, you do have some great options.
Are you aware of the COM Connect – SeeClickFix app? This app provides a central, easy way to report a number of county-related issues. You can also access the app from a computer. Abandoned Vehicle reports will go directly to Maui Police Department for response.
If you would like to report an abandoned vehicle through the app, follow these instructions:
• Download the app to your mobile device by searching for “COM Connect,”
When you open the app, select the “Report” box.
• Answer the questions on the “Description” page and in the “Additional Description” area, type in any additional information about the car that you may have, including License Plate #, make, model, color, condition, etc. The more info the better to help locate and identify the car.
• Then, on the map, select the area that the vehicle is on the map by typing in the address; the most specific information or address that you can provide, the better.
• Click “Submit” in the top right corner.
• To report an abandoned vehicle on a computer, click on this link and follow the prompts and instructions.
Scroll Down to Read 10 Comments