Hauʻoli Makahiki Hou: Wailuku First Friday, Jan. 6
Wailuku First Friday takes place this month on Friday, Jan. 6, 2017. This free family event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on historic Market Street in Wailuku Town. Admission is free and all are welcome.
In addition to food and crafts, WFF also features the following entertainment:
- Josh Tatofi: debuting his new #1 album “Pua Kiele” on the Maui Thing Stage from 7 to 9 p.m.
- The Maui Hip Hop Movement at ʻĪao Square from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Live Music by Josh Kahula in the Beer Garden featuring Kona Brewing Company from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
- Live Music under the Banyan Tree with The Natalie Nicole Band from 6 to 9 p.m.
Other WFF highlights on Market Street include:
- The Kamaʻāina Series Art Show by Sean Baba at North Shore Art & Frame
- Launch of the Shoe Fits’ Shoe Drive, benefitting Big Brothers, Big Sisters.
- Mixed Media Photo Collage Exhibition by Greg Dipiazza at Wailuku Coffee Company
- View First Friday online live cam with Jason Schwartz -courtesy of Kamaʻāina Loan & Cash for Gold, 98 N. Market Street
Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 6, 2017. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed.
Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9 p.m.; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9 p.m.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, Kamaʻāina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, IBEW Local 1186, Hawaiʻi Carpenters Union-Maui, Meadow Gold, HMSA, and Connec, LLC
Friday Town Parties are now celebrated every week, every month in different towns throughout Maui County with the guidance of the Maui Office of Economic Development.