Healthfest at Queen Kaʻahumanu Center, Jan. 14January 5, 2017, 4:04 PM HST (Updated January 5, 2017, 4:04 PM) · 0 Comments
The Queen Kaʻahumanu Center will focus on the theme “Live Local. Live Healthy” for the entire month of January 2017.
The highlight of the month will be the first annual Healthfest on Saturday, Jan. 14, 2017 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The event will feature:
- an interactive fitness challenge by Justin Yanagida of Yanagida Strength and Fitness,
- healthy cooking demonstrations by Christopher Ledger, Executive Sous Chef of Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa,
- aerobic fitness demonstrations,
- community health booths,
- State of Hawai’i and County of Maui health initiatives and
- an introduction to the HMSA Blue Zones project and prizes every hour.
Marketing executives with the Queen Kaʻahumanu Center say they are excited to kick off the new year with focus on community health.
The Live Local. Live Healthy. month is sponsored by HMSA.