2018 Budget District Meetings Schedule: March 30 – April 18March 24, 2017, 4:02 PM HST · Updated March 25, 12:20 PM Nikki Schenfeld · 2 Comments
The Budget and Finance Committee received Mayor Arakawa’s proposed fiscal year 2018 budget today and will begin its review with committee meetings commencing on March 30.
The mayor proposed a budget of $795.3 million, with notable highlights to include a 7.5% increase across-the-board for all 10 classifications in real property tax rates, closure of the Waiehu Golf Course, and various repairs and upgrades to county properties.
Now under council review, it is the committee’s duty to determine how each department will be funded in order to carry out its services, the allocation of grant money offered to community organizations for social services, and the appropriation of funds for Capital Improvement Projects, such as for county infrastructure and water system upgrades.
The committee will also deliberate on how much it will cost taxpayers to utilize county services and the amount of money to be collected through taxes and fees.
Evening district meetings throughout Maui County starting next week and through April will be held to receive community input, Committee Chair Riki Hokama announced.
The public is welcome to provide oral or written testimony at any scheduled committee meeting, including the following evening district meetings:
– March 30, Kīhei Community Center, Main Hall, 303 East Lipoa St., Kīhei
– April 3, Lānaʻi Senior Center, 309 7th St., Lānaʻi City
– April 5, Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Social Hall, 91 Pukalani St., Pukalani
– April 6, Pāʻia Community Center, Social Hall, Hāna Hwy., Pāʻia
– April 10, Mitchell Pauole Community Center, Social Hall, 90 Ainoa St., Kaunakakai
– April 13, Helene Hall, Social Hall, 150 Keawa Pl., Hāna
– April 17, Lahaina Civic Center, Social Hall, 1840 Honoapiʻilani Hwy., Lahaina
– April 18, public hearing at the Council Chambers, 200 South High St., 8th floor, Wailuku.
All district meetings will begin at 6 p.m., with the exception of Molokaʻi with a 6:30 p.m. start.
Visit here for meeting schedules, documents, agendas, announcements, and other information relating to the budget session. Testimony may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing BF-1.
For special accommodations during any of the meetings, please call 270-7838 at least three days in advance.
Scroll Down to Read 2 Comments