Ask the Mayor: Who Pays for Rubbish Bin Replacement?

November 19, 2017, 12:01 PM HST (Updated November 19, 2017, 9:04 AM) · 0 Comments

PC: County of Maui.

Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the questions submitted to his staff.

Submit your own questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa at, 270-7855 or mail them to 200 S. High St., 9th Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793.

Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column.

Dear Mayor Arakawa:

Q: If I need to have my rubbish cart replaced due to damage from the automated rubbish truck, will I have to pay for a new one?

A: No, if the damage was caused by a Maui County residential refuse collection truck, you do not have to pay for a new cart.

However, when folks damage the cart themselves, the charge for a replacement is $105.


Please call our Solid Waste Office in the Department of Environmental Management at (8080) 270-7720 for more information.



Share this Article

Weekly Newsletter

View Comments