Reply By E-Mail
Posted March 02, 2017 08:32am
Provide fiscal support in all areas of nonprofit fiscal management as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Regularly exercises discretion, independent judgment and decision making while performing duties and responsibilities.
• Ensures that proper accounting procedures are maintained in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations.
• Maintains proper accounting procedures for control of revenue and expenditures for various programs assigned.
• Prepares certain deposits.
• Prepares bank reconciliations.
• Verifies and proof reads all computations on vendor invoices, and prorates charges to appropriate programs for credit card transactions.
• Maintain and update cost allocation methodology.
• Gathers and assembles material and data required by programs for data entry.
• Inputs various information into the MIP.
• Completes reconciliation of general ledger accounts and preparation of appropriate journal entries.
• Assist in the preparation of audit work papers.
• Prepares reports to Grantors per contract requirements.
• Maintains appropriate fixed asset inventory and schedules.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and non-capitalized equipment.
• Review payroll input data and labor distribution reports.
• Assist with management of 401(k) pension plan.
• Maintains a high level of customer service ensuring that client’s and staffs needs are met.
• Understands, follows and supports all safety policies and programs.
• Regular attendance.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as a courier transporting mail between locations as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Working knowledge of accounting principles.
• Working knowledge of nonprofit accounting.
• Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
• Working knowledge of 10 key.
• Working knowledge of computer applications, including desktop applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, which include, written, verbal and listening.
• Cooperative team player and a desire to help others.
• Knowledge and application of proper telephone etiquette.
• Organized, tasks and detail oriented.
• Ability to manage many projects at a given time and meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
• Basic typing skills and the ability to use standard office machines.
• Ability to work varied shifts, which may occasionally include nights and weekends.
• Ability to travel off island on occasion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting from four-year College or university and (2) two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as grants regulations and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
• Ability to apply sound judgment to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to interact, relate, and have compassion for persons with mental and/or physical disabilities and those who are less fortunate.
• Ability handle and keep composure in situations where employees, clients may become hostile and demanding.
• Performs well under pressure.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• May require a valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally required to bend, crawl and/or twist.
• Regularly lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
E-Mail Reply To: firstname.lastname@example.org * This E-Mail Address Does Not Accept Attachments
Share this Listing:
Report This Listing