Reply By E-Mail
Posted March 02, 2017 08:38am
Operate a two-way radio base unit to assign, dispatch, and reroute MEO vehicles in the field according to schedule or demand. Act as a backup reservationist by providing outstanding customer service while taking reservations for rides. Provide timely, accurate, and courteous customer assistance and information to best serve the clients’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain two-way radio communication.
• Assign, dispatch and reroute MEO vehicles as necessary.
• Issue orders of departure according to schedule.
• Contact drivers regarding assignment changes by radio or cell phone as necessary.
• Maintain daily dispatcher's log.
• Enter daily transportation totals into the computer and maintains backup copies of data.
• Arrange for relief drivers in the event of an emergency or late run.
• Answer a large volume of telephone calls and take reservations for rides.
• Enter information into the scheduling database; repeat trip(s) information to the client and issue a confirmation number before ending the call.
• Assist clients with missed or late pick-ups and drop offs.
• Answer questions and directs callers to the appropriate manager as needed.
• Log all complaints and complements as needed.
• Type and file reports as necessary.
• Update client information.
• Maintain a high level of customer service ensuring that client’s needs are met.
• Understand, follow and support all safety policies and programs.
• Work varied shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Complete and submits timesheets and supporting documents on or before the payroll deadline.
• Regular attendance.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• May act as an aide to assist drivers with special needs clients.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Working knowledge of transportation dispatching and reservations.
• Working knowledge of transportation rules and regulations.
• Ability to type 45 minutes per minute.
• Ability to follow instructions and apply acquired knowledge in responding to inquiries
and requests to schedule service.
• Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions within the limits of established policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to exercise patience and discretion in a demanding environment.
• Ability to handle a large amount of verbal communication, by telephone, fax or email and interact with a diverse group of individuals;
• Ability to pay close attention to detail to prevent errors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, which include, verbal, written and listening.
• Working knowledge and application of proper telephone etiquette.
• Skilled in computer applications including desktop applications and data entry.
• Organized, detail and tasks oriented.
• Ability to provide a negative drug test result.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• One (1) year experience working in a related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak English well enough to converse with the general public and speak effectively in a clear and concise manner on a two-way radio.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
• Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to interact and have compassion for persons with mental and physical disabilities.
• Ability to relate to and interact with children.
• Ability to defuse agitated clients and drivers in stressful situations.
• Ability to assist Civil Defense during a major crisis.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
E-Mail Reply To: firstname.lastname@example.org * This E-Mail Address Does Not Accept Attachments
Share this Listing:
Report This Listing