Kahului 81°
View Full Weather Forecast
    No New Story/Video Updates Since Your Last Visit. Here are the most recent updates:
TAG: structure fire maui
March 18, 2018

Maui House Fire at Kahana Ridge Results in $480,000 Damage

Fire investigators determined the fire originated within the ceiling area of the 2nd floor where heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units are located.
Read More
February 18, 2018

Cooking Fire Causes $50,000 in Damage to Kīhei Home

A 14-year-old boy was the only person at home and discovered the fire on the kitchen stove. He tried but was not able to extinguish the flames.
Read More
January 15, 2018

Fire at Marriott Beach Activity Center Causes $150K in Damage

A fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to a beach activity kiosk at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club in Kāʻanapali on Friday night. 
Read More
May 12, 2017

Shed Destroyed in Ha‘ikū Fire, $10,000 in Damages

A shed was destroyed in a structure fire reported on Thursday morning on Awalau Road in Haʻikū, Maui.
Read More
March 17, 2017

3 Displaced by Kahului Home Fire

Crews from the Maui Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at a home on Puʻunēnē Avenue in Kahului at 6:49 p.m. on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
Read More
June 23, 2016

Community Rallies Support after Fire at Oceanside Restaurant in Māʻalaea

Within just a couple of hours, 20 chefs had already stepped forward to show support after a fire at the Oceanside restaurant in Māʻalaea on Thursday night.
Read More
June 01, 2016

Father’s Day Event to Benefit Kēōkea Dad

A community celebration will be held on June 19 at the Kēōkea Marketplace with proceeds to benefit Tommy Baclig who lost his home to an accidental fire on May 24.
Read More
May 24, 2016

UPDATE: Kēōkea Home Destroyed by Fire

A male resident was outside the home and was removing fuel from the fuel tank of a power generator using a wet/dry shop vacuum when the fuel ignited.
Read More
February 19, 2016

Electrical Fault Sparks Kapunakea Street Structure Fire in Lahaina

A fire at a Kapunakea Street gas station building in Lahaina on Wednesday afternoon was deemed accidental, fire officials said.
Read More
January 26, 2016

Unattended Cigarette Sparks Lahilahi Place Balcony Fire

Just before the fire was discovered, another occupant was seen smoking in the area where the fire started, but had left the home. Fire officials have ruled the incident accidental.
Read More
January 18, 2016

Dog Dies in Unattended Cooking Fire at Kula Home

Kula firefighters arrived at 8:11 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 17, and found smoke coming from the first floor of a two-story residential duplex unit.
Read More
December 25, 2015

Faulty Cooking Equipment Sparks Happy Valley Fire

The fire was located in an enclosed garage, which was part of a vacant building located at the corner of Kahawai Street and North Market Street.
Read More
December 16, 2015

Keʻanae Structure Destroyed in Fire, $31K Damage

A structure used as a part-time residence and storage facility for taro farming in Keʻanae was destroyed in a fire on Tuesday night. Four occupants were home at the time of the incident.
Read More
September 30, 2015

Fire at HC&S Repair Shop Causes $2,000 Damage

An early morning fire at a Hawaiian Commercial and Sugar company repair shop in Puʻunēnē was brought under control and extinguished within a half an hour.
Read More
September 18, 2015

Early Morning Structure Fire Burns Garage of Olowalu Home

A homeowner is safe after awaking early Friday morning to find a fire burning in the detached garage of their two-story Olowalu home.
Read More
Close (×)