MARLEY ON MAUI! ZIGGY LIVE IN CONCERTAugust 8, 2009, 3:00 AM HST · Updated August 8, 10:44 AM 0 Comments
Ziggy Marley will perform live in concert on Sunday, August 16, 2009 at Maui’s War Memorial Stadium.
In the wake of his 2006 album Love Is My Religion, which earned his fourth Grammy Award, Ziggy Marley shares his musical love with families – his own and the extended human family. Marley’s third solo release, Family Time, is produced with old friend Don Was and will be released this May on Marley’s independent Tuff Gong Worldwide label.
Ziggy’s Maui concert also features Joseph Israel & The Jerusalem Band with a special performance by Rovleta Fraser. Also on the ticket are local favorites: Isouljahs Ho’okoa, Zion from the Virgin Islands, Mysterious from Trinidad, Black Diamon from Jamaica and local favorite Marty Dread.
The concert is sponsored by Pacific Radio Group’s Native 92.5 FM, ZiggyMarley.com, Hard Rock CafÃ©, Aqua Hotels and Resorts, Hotel Wailea Maui, Mana Foods and Tuff Gong Worldwide. Other supporting sponsors include Pacific Cancer Foundation, Coastline Limousine, Love Fatigues and Land of Organica. The cash beer garden is brought to you by Maui Brewing Co.
Tickets are $35 for general admission and are available at select Ticket Outlets or online at Ticketmaster.com. One child (12 or under) is admitted free per adult ticket purchased.
Ticketmaster outlets on Maui are:
- Westside Vibes 991 Limahana Pl., Lahaina (808) 667-1900
- Requests Music 10 N. Market St., Wailuku (808) 244-9315
- Hana Hwy Surf 149 Hana Hwy., Paia (808) 579-8999
- Hawaiian Holy Smokes 320 Ohukai #404, Kihei (808) 879-2826
- Urban City 275 Kaahumanu Ave, Kahului (808) 871-5550
- Maui Brew Pub 4405 Honoapiilani Hwy #217, Lah (808) 669-3474
- Kahului Ale House 355 E. Kamehameha Ave. Kahului (808) 877-9001
(Posted by Wendy Osher, ziggymarley.com contributed to this story)