Overloaded Circuit Sparks Waiehu Home Fire

January 30, 2013, 8:14 AM HST · Updated January 30, 9:20 AM
0 Comments
×

File photo, by Wendy Osher.

File photo, by Wendy Osher.

By Wendy Osher

Fire officials determined that an overloaded circuit was the cause of a home fire in Waiehu on Tuesday night.

Fire crews from Wailuku and Kahului were dispatched at 9:01 p.m. to the home located at 606 Kaae Road.

The fire was contained to a single room and caused an estimated $1,000 in damage before it was extinguished at 10:32 p.m, said Maui Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga.

SPONSORED VIDEO

Fire personnel arrived on scene to find neighbors utilizing a garden hose to douse the fire. Fire crews continued extinguishment and ventilated the home upon arrival.

No injuries were reported.

Print

Share this Article

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 0 )
    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments