Maui Weekly Road Work: Dec. 9-13, 2013
By Wendy Osher
There are several construction projects taking place across Maui this week.
- Work begins today for offsite improvements associated with the new HFM building between Foodland and Maui Electric Company in Kahului, according to a public notice. The announcement states that work will result in restricted traffic on Kāne Street near the Kamehameha Avenue intersection, with construction planned between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Also in Kahului, state crews will be conducting road widening work on Kaʻahumanu Avenue between Wahinepio Avenue and Lunalilo Street. Work runs from 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. daily and will result in a single-lane closure in the westbound direction of Kaʻahumanu during work hours.
- Just down the road, crews continue work on road resurfacing and street improvements on Wākea Avenue. Work will impact traffic on the section of Wākea Avenue just south of Kaʻahumanu Avenue, across the entrance of the University of Hawaii Maui College Campus.
- In east Maui, the state Department of Transportation will implement a single-lane closure on the Hāna Highway in Honomanū. The closure will affect west-bound traffic near mile post 14 between Wailua Road and Pāpaʻaʻea Road, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Monday, Dec. 9 to Friday, Dec. 13.
- In Lahaina, motorists are advised of ongoing work to repair ocean erosion damage that has undermined the shoulder lane foundation of the Honoapiʻilani Highway between Front Street and Kai Hele Kū Street, fronting Launiupoko State Park. The speed limit is reduced on the approach to the work zone. Motorists are also advised to expect delays and to follow all posted traffic control devices through the area.
- Also on the Honoapiʻilani Highway, state crews announced a lane closure in the northbound direction between Ukumehame and Māʻalaea. The lane closure is for road repairs taking place on the highway between North Kīhei Road and the Kuihelani Highway. Work is scheduled Monday, Dec. 9, through Friday, Dec. 13, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
1New Maui Rules Include Restricting Max Capacity At All Retail Businesses To 30 Percent 2Lt Gov Green Visits Maui As State Prepares For Ramped Up Vaccine Distribution 3Jan 15 2021 Covid 19 Update 150 New Cases 111 Oahu 26 Maui 5 Hawaii Island 1 Kauai 7 Out Of State 4Maui Mayor Statement About Threats Of Armed Violence At State Capitols 5Snorkel Safety Study Releases Findings On Snorkel Related Drownings Launches Survey For Additional Data 6Brown Water Advisory For Wailea Beach Maui