Six Course Dinner to Feature Castello Banfi WinesMarch 18, 2015, 10:47 AM HST · Updated March 18, 10:47 AM 0 Comments
By Vanessa Wolf
This Saturday, March 21 the Makena Beach & Golf Resort brings back Castello Banfi Wines for a special six-course wine dinner.
The meal will pair the internationally acclaimed wines of Castello Banfi with the following special multi-course menu designed by the resort’s Chef De Cuisine Kurt Lesmerises.
- San Angelo Pinot Gris
- Cold Smoked Diver Sea Scallop with Hokkaido scallop, yuzu kosho jus, enoki mushrooms and tomato pearls
- Castello Banfi Belnero
- Alaskan King Crab and White Truffle Ravioli with morel cream, pecans, sun dried tomatoes and fried Kumu Farm’s carrots
- Banfi Chianti Classico
- 36 Hour Braised Berkshire Pork with sous vide belly, black garlic risotto, Kula lavender gastrique and garnished with blue borage
- Haupia Sorbet garnished with fresh Makena coconut and a splash of Malibu Rum
- Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino
- Pasture-Raised Beef Short Rib with a brioche bun, pickled cucumber, triple cream brie and house-made pommes frites