Haleakalā National Park will waive entrance fees for all park visitors this Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015 as part of the National Park Service’s commemoration of National Public Lands Day.
The public is invited to celebrate this day by exploring public lands for free.
The next and final fee-free day on the 2015 calendar is Veteran’s Day on Nov. 11, 2015.
Nine fee-free days are offered each year in National Parks.
The park also offers five commercial-free days at Haleakalā . That list includes the following:
- Lolopua, July 18, 2015: one of the two days commonly known as zenith noon;
- Makali’i, Hilo Moon, Nov. 12, 2015: Start of Makahiki as determined using Bishop Museum’s Planetarium calendar;
- Ka’elo, Huna Moon, Dec. 22, 2015: Winter solstice;
- Nana, Muku Moon, March 9, 2016: End of Makahiki as determined using Bishop Museum’s Planetarium calendar;
- Iki’Iki, Akua Moon, June 21, 2016: Summer solstice.