Hawaiʻi Democrats to Participate in Presidential Preference PollsFebruary 12, 2016, 2:26 PM HST · Updated February 12, 2:27 PM 0 Comments
The race to the White House has begun and Hawai‘i will join the journey on Saturday,March 26, 2016 at 1 p.m. with its own version of the Presidential Preference Polls, like Iowa and New Hampshire.
Democrats across the islands are invited to attend their precinct meetings and cast their vote among candidates Hillary Rodham Clinton, Roque De La Fuente and Bernie Sanders.
Hawai’i has 34 Delegates (and two alternates) at stake to win the nomination at the Democratic National Convention which will be held in Philadelphia this coming July. The Hawai’i Delegation will participate in the nomination of the 2016 Democratic candidate for President of the United States.
The Democratic Party of Hawai’i’s Delegate Selection Plan outlines the process and the plan includes an Affirmative Action plan to reach out to all of Hawai’i multi-cultural voters.
According to Stephanie Ohigashi, Chair for the Democratic Party of Hawaiʻi, “their goal is to have a diverse delegation at the Democratic Party State Convention which will be held on May 28-29, 2016 at the Sheraton Waikīkī Hotel and the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia on the week of July 25.” Prior to the state convention, a Maui County Convention is scheduled on May 7, 2016.
Here on Maui, the Maui Young Democrats group held a voter registration drive at the last Fourth Friday Town Party in Kīhei, and a Democratic Debate watch party yesterday afternoon at the Kīhei Charter School. In the coming weeks, the group will be spreading the word about precinct locations for caucuses and voting in the primary elections.
Democratic Party of Hawai‘i: March 26, 2016 Precinct Meeting Locations
- Pu’u Kukui Elementary School: Precincts: 08-01, 08-02, 08-03, 08-04, 08-05, 08-06, 08-07
- Maui Waena Intermediate School: Precincts: 09-01, 09-02, 09-03, 09-04
- Princess Nahienaena Elementary School: Precincts: 10-01, 10-02, 10-03, 10-04, 10-05
- Lokelani Intermediate: Precincts: 11-01, 11-02, 11-03, 11-04
- Kalama Intermediate School: Precincts: 12-01, 12-02, 12-03, 12-04, 12-05, 12-06
- Haʻikū Community Center: Precincts: 13-01, 13-02
- Hāna High/Elementary School: Precinct: 13-03
- Lānaʻi Senior Center: Precinct: 13-04
- Kaunakakai School: Precincts: 13-05, 13-06, 13-0, 13-08, 13-09