Lahaina Second Friday Town Party, Sept. 9
The 2nd Friday Town Party in Lahaina takes place this Friday, Sept. 9, 2016 from 6 to 9 p.m.
Front Street will be closed between 6 to 9 p.m. from Lahainaluna Road to Baker Street for the event.
The entertainment lineup includes:
- Nuff Sedd will be playing on the stage 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in front of the Hard Rock Café.
- DJ Zinn will spin tunes on the balcony of the Lahaina Yacht Club from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Kohola Brewery, “Extraordinary, Genuine, Local craft beer” will be featured in the beer garden at Hard Rock Café.
Concert in Campbell Park:
- Campbell Park featuring Hula and Hawaiian music by Maui Jam 5 to 7 p.m.
- Taking the stage from 7 to 8 p.m. is Arlie Asiu—-“TOTALLY AWESOME ‘UKULELE!!!”
The LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Leilani’s and Betty’s Beach Cafe work together to sponsor several west side keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fund raise and the event supports the community.
Campbell Park will have food vendors available from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause. Nonprofit groups rotate but include:
- Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club
- Nā Kiaʻi O Waineʻe
- Hawaiian Civic Club
- Also in the park Maui Surf Dogs and Tropsicles
Sponsors of the event include: Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Leilani’s, Kimos, Captain Jack’s Island Grill, Cool Cat Café, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.& Hard Rock Café.
Friday Night is Art Night in Lahaina: Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pūpū and wine from 6 to 9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
Lahaina Art Galleries:
Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing by Sean Price. Special deals.
Peter Lik Gallery: Special promotions on art.
Maui Hands Gallery: Featured artist 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The Village Galleries: Featured Artist Carleton Kincade. Refreshments will be served
Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items
Sargent’s Fine Art: Featured Artist Victor Bregeda. Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery. Serving Wine.
Martin Lawrence Gallery: Serving Wine and Pupu’s.
Kingwell Island Art: Jim Kingwell will be doing an art demo. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work. Refreshments will be served.
Contemporary Masters: Wine and Pupu’s will be served.
Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and Pupu’s
Vintage Posters: Wine and Pupu’s and Poster Presentations.
Diamond Head: Serving wine.
Higgins Harte Gallery International: Wine and pupu’s will be served.
DeRubies Fine Art of Metal: Serving wine & deserts.
Gallery Rafael: Rafael painting at gallery
Gallery 505: Local Artist Dabo will be in the gallery.
Christopher Egan Gallery: Live Music with Kiran Clark. Free gift with purchase, Serving wine.
Kimo’s: Live music with the Tori Dixon Band 8 to 10 p.m.
Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment 6 to 9 p.m.
Longhi’s: Live music overlooking the water, 7 to 10 p.m.
Hard Rock Cafe: Live music
The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage with Uncle Lui Williams
Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music Happy Hour 2 to 5 p.m. Johnny Ringo
Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo 7 to 10:30 p.m.
Merchant, Restaurant, Foodie Specials:
Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kama`aina discount.
Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
Hard Rock Café: 15% kama`aina discount
Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
Sugar Cane: Happy hour 2:30-5:30. Pupu’s and drink specials with an ocean view
Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu.
Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5 to 9 p.m. on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes.
Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4 to 8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 pm, $5 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
The Wharf Cinema Center
DTH- Join us for an evening of “Fresh Squeezed” handcrafted cocktails. Starting at 6 p.m., house craftsmen Rio & Bree will feature a new cocktail menu with local & fresh ingredients.
· Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second entree.
· Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
· Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
· Maui Island Coffee: $2. Off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
· Pad Thai: 15% Off Food Only
· Pho Saigon 808: 10% Off Food only.
· Down The Hatch: “Fresh Squeezed Fridays”, featuring Handcrafted Cocktails by house craftsmen Rio & Bree 8-10pm. Followed by the “Official Art Walk After Party”! Happy hour 3-7pm.
· Atlantis Submarines: 20% Off Kama’aina Discount
· Crazy Shirts: Screen Printing Demo with a Complimentary screen print with purchase
· Hangloose Hammocks: $5 Off any Hammock
· Hibiscus Boutique: 20% Off Regular Priced Jewelry
· JC Chism: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
· KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
· Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% Off Regular Priced Items
· Lana’s Boutique: 10% – 50% Off Sterling Silver & Handmade Jewelry
· L’Infini: 20% Off Jewelry; 10% Off Gift Items
· Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free Gift with Purchase of $50 or more
· Simon-Jon Gallery: 10% – 20% Discount on Select Items
· T-Shirt Factory: Buy 4 Shirts and Get 5th One Free
· Three D Gallery: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
The Outlets of Maui: The Outlets of Maui is pleased to present monthly keiki hula shows every 2nd and 4th Fridays, 5 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. by Nā Pua O Kapiʻolani. All are invited to come and enjoy this wonderful performance. Renowned as the longest running weekly keiki hula show in the State, Nā Pua O Kapiʻolani performs traditional hula, Tahitian and a variety of dances from other Polynesian islands. Accompanied by a live band and led by Kumu Hula Kathy Ralar, the keiki performers sing, dance, chant and story tell their way into our hearts with the memorable stories and songs of Polynesia.
Baldwin Home Museum: The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6- 8:30pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free.
For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.