- Maui Now - https://mauinow.com -

Ask the Mayor: How Do I Make a Police-Related Complaint?

Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the questions submitted to his staff.

Submit your own questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa at [email protected] [1], (808) 270-7855 or mail them to 200 S. High St., 9th Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793.

Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column.

Aloha Mr. Mayor,

Q: I know there are a lot of good police officers on this island who work very hard and are truly dedicated in their service in keeping our community safety. However, I would like to make a police-related complaint. How do I go about filing a complaint?

A: I agree with you. There are many, many good officers serving our community.

The police commission receives and reviews police-related complaints.

The required form is available at the Wailuku Police Station, or online at www.mauicounty.gov/police [2]; click on “Police Commission” then “Complaint Form.”