5th Annual Made in Maui County FestivalOctober 29, 2018, 3:12 PM HST · Updated October 29, 10:17 AM 0 Comments
The annual Made in Maui County Festival returns on Friday, Nov. 2 and Saturday, Nov. 3 to the Maui Arts and Cultural Center.
Now in its fifth year, the event will feature over 140 vendors from Maui, Molokaʻi and Lānaʻi, offering hundreds of locally made products.
According to the event’s presenters – the County of Maui Mayor’s Office of Economic Development and the Maui Chamber of Commerce – with only days remaining until the festival kicks off on Friday, Nov. 2, hundreds of people are putting the last minute touches to ensure a successful event.
“While the annual festival is only a two-day event, preparations for this major product show is a year-round effort with many of our event committee, staff, volunteers, and festival vendors putting in countless hours to make sure attendees have a wonderful shopping experience and that participating vendors reap the benefits through product sales,” said Pamela Tumpap, President of the Maui Chamber of Commerce.
According to Teena Rasmussen, Director of the County of Maui Office of Economic Development, “This final week is especially important as the County gears up for this major event. It’s a well-orchestrated affair with many of our County departments and festival stakeholders working with our festival team on all facets of event operations from transportation, traffic flow, parking, MACC set-up, volunteer schedules, and more. We’re also encouraging everyone to help us spread the word about this incredible event that benefits our local entrepreneurs.”
Friday, Nov. 2
On Friday, Nov. 2, from 1:30 to 6 p.m. shoppers will enjoy the Exclusive Shopping Day, an opportunity to appreciate a leisurely shopping experience.
- Opening Ceremony sponsored by Alaska Airlines and complimentary light pūpū at 5 p.m.
- Food available for purchase from three food trucks in the Pasha Hawaiʻi Food Court
- Chance to win round-trip air travel for two on Alaska Airlines
- Grand Wailea Resort getaway prizes (must be present to win)
- All shoppers will receive a free festival tote
- Free event parking is available at the MACC and the University of Hawaiʻi Maui College paved parking lot on Wahinepio Avenue.
Exclusive Shopping Day tickets are $35 per person; children 12 and under enter free of charge.
Tickets available at MACC Box Office: (808)-242-SHOW or at www.mauiarts.org/MIMCF
Saturday, November 3 “Big Festival Day”
- Live entertainment by Marty Dread, Pat Simmons Jr., George Kahumoku Jr., Kauʻi and Kamaunu Kahaialiʻi
- Fashion and talk shows with emcee Malika Dudley on the Hawaiian Airlines Presentation Stage
- 15 food trucks in the Pasha Hawaiʻi Food Court
- Chance to win 120,000 HawaiianMiles
- Chance to win a Pasha Hawaiʻi Certificate of Passage good for shipping one personal vehicle to/from San Diego and Maui
- Hundreds of products from this year’s festival vendors
- The first 2,000 attendees will receive a free festival tote
- Complimentary shuttles will be available on Saturday to/from War Memorial Gym and the MACC
- Free parking available at the University of Hawaiʻi Maui College’s grass parking lot.
Public admission: $5 (purchase that day only at MACC Box Office), children 12 years and under get in free.
Qualified wholesale buyers and distributors may also register online at http://madeinmauicountyfestival.com/preview to receive complimentary admission to attend a special “Wholesale Buyers Event” on Friday, Nov. 2 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
For more information, visit www.MadeInMauiCountyFestival.com or call (808) 270-7710.