Maui News

Wailea Resort Laundry Room Fire

January 30, 2019, 10:58 AM HST
A
A
A

Maui firefighters responded to a fire within the laundry room of the Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort on Monday morning.

Upon arrival on scene, firefighters found that the fire was already put out by employees of the resort.  Crews from Engine 14 and Ladder 14 made sure the fire was out before leaving the scene, said Maui Fire Services Chief Rylan Yatsushiro.

The incident was reported at 11:56 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 28, 2019.

Fire officials say the fire was possibly started in a commercial laundry dryer.

There was no damage estimate or confirmed cause of the fire available at last report.

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments