The Department of Public Works will begin a pavement preservation project in the Maui Meadows Subdivision on Oct. 15.
Crews will continue to work on Wednesdays and Fridays through Nov. 15 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The department is advising that four to six hours are needed for drying time for slurry sealing applications.
Residents and the subdivision’s homeowners’ association have received project details and a work schedule.
Crews will set up “no parking” signs 48 hours prior to roadwork. The department is asking residents to shut off roadside irrigation systems and reschedule home appointments during work hours.
Personnel will be on scene to direct traffic in work areas.
The work schedule follows:
- Oct. 15: full closure of cul-de-sac ends of Mililani, Kuaua and Mikioi places.
- Oct. 16 and 18: full roadway closures of Kohala Street and Mililani and Kuaua places.
- Oct. 23 and 25: full roadway closure of Kehala Drive from Kohala Street to Kupulau Drive.
- Oct. 30 and Nov. 1: full roadway closure of Kehala Drive from Kohala Street to Mikioi Place; and full roadway closure of Hoʻohalahala Street from Kehala Drive to Mikioi Place.
- Nov. 13 and Nov. 15; full roadway closure of Mikioi Place from Akala Drive to the cul-de-sac end of Mikioi.
- For more information, call (808) 270-6291.