Maui’s Kama‘āina First Program to Launch June 1, Local Business Participation SoughtMay 8, 2020, 8:45 PM HST · Updated May 9, 12:57 PM 1 Comment
The Office of Economic Development is seeking businesses to participate in the Kamaʻāina First program, which will give local residents an opportunity to take advantage of deals on food, services and products, while supporting local businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Maui Mayor Michael Victorino made the announcement today saying, “This program allows our residents to enjoy our islands first, before we fully adjust to the new normal. Life has changed drastically for our kamaʻāina and we look forward to businesses offering them the chance to enjoy unique restaurants, activities and products.”
The program, which plans to launch June 1. OED will be gathering the deals and discounts at no-cost to participating businesses. Businesses interested in offering special kamaʻāina deals are asked to visit www.kamaainafirst.com to upload their information.
“With the summer approaching, we want to encourage our residents to stay on island and continue to support our local businesses, especially those who normally serve the visitor industry,” said OED Director Kay Fukumoto. “We can help by patronizing businesses so that they can hire back our families and friends.”
Here’s How It Works:
- Businesses interested in participating in the Kamaʻāina First program need to complete the Participant Registration Form below and read our General Terms and Conditions.
- The Kamaʻāina First program is open to all County of Maui businesses. Participating businesses must be located on Maui, Molokaʻi, or Lānaʻi.
- There is no cost to participate in the Kamaʻāina First program.
- Listings will be reviewed and then uploaded to the www.KamaainaFirst.com. Participants will be notified via email when the listing goes live.
- The County of Maui will share offers with Maui County residents via this website and the Kamaʻāina First Facebook and Instagram pages.
- The website team will notify your “Company Ambassador” should additional publicity opportunities become available.
- The official public launch of the www.KamaainaFirst.com website will be June 1, 2020. Watch for these great kamaʻāina discounts!
- Have a question? Contact the County of Maui Office of Economic Development at email [email protected] or call (808) 270-7710.