Utility Worker (HI)
Hawaii Water Service
The Utility Worker is responsible for field operations and maintenance work and performs relief work under various classifications in the water and wastewater field. The work is performed under direct supervision and also requires the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with others as a team. This position is located in Lahaina (Kapalua), HI.
• Performs general clean-up of grounds and facilities.
• Cleans and paints station and treatment plant equipment and appurtenances.
• Makes repairs to meters 5/8” to 2”.
• Investigates customer complaints.
• Inspects services and facilities as a result of all types of complaints or investigation work orders.
• Flushes and services mains and fire hydrants.
• Inspects fire services.
• Inspects double check valves.
• Collects water samples.
• Turns on and off meters.
• Reads meters of all sizes.
• Records meter and service repair requirements and makes necessary repairs.
• Rechecks meter reads.
• Repairs mains, services and appurtenances, including all functions.
• Cleans and/or changes meters 5/8” through 2”.
• Replaces boxes and covers.
• Operates system valves as required.
• Notifies customers for shutdowns.
• Completes necessary paperwork.
• Assists in setting, replacing or removing 5/8” through 2” meters.
• Locates company facilities to a minor extent.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adjust or replace meter boxes as necessary
• Clean and maintain non-potable intakes
• Other duties as assigned
• Graduation from High School or possession of a GED.
• Construction or plumbing experience equivalent to a laborer or apprentice.
• Valid Driver's License.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of operation, maintenance and repair of pumps, pump controls and related equipment.
• Knowledge of current principles and practices involved in water and wastewater systems.
• Knowledge of safety regulations, protocols, principles, practices and procedures for water and wastewater systems, and work site safety,
• Knowledge of plumbing and pipe fitting repair and installation.
• Ability to communicate well with others, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions.
• Ability to use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specification and/or oral instructions.
• Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time sensitive deadlines.
• Ability to regularly interact with employees, public, and customers requiring common sense, tact and diplomacy in order to accomplish assignments.
Salary Range: $23.00 - $30.00
Deadline to submit resume is OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4725933
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.