Maui Health is proud to be a vital part of health care in Maui County and we welcome you to join our team and our mission to provide high-quality care with compassion and aloha. We have many jobs available at our hospitals and clinics on Maui and Lanai: Maui Memorial Medical Center, Maui Memorial Medical Center Outpatient Clinic, Kula Hospital, Kula Clinic and Lanai Community Hospital.
Learn more about our full-time Trainer Senior-KPHC position with Maui Memorial Medical Center
Plans, organizes, coordinates and provides classroom training, on-site training and support to automated medical records system users, including ancillary users and new hires. Serves as electronic medical record (EMR) system expert. Partners with project leads to ensure integration of EMR information into training and support activities. Develops and oversees production of training materials, tools and curriculum, customizing where appropriate. Builds and maintains training environment and develops trainers as coaches and applications experts. Consults with vendors to customize training products and services as needed.
· Serves as EMR expert regarding functionality, usage, clinical workflow, ancillary, and content topics. Partners with project leads to ensure integration of automated medical record system information into training and support activities. Builds and maintains training environment to support ongoing operational training needs.
· Plans, organizes, coordinates and conducts EMR training. Assures dissemination of accurate information through presentations. Coaches other training team members.
· Provides support and coaching to EMR users during go-live period. Develops EME trainers as coaches and resources.
· Partners with National and other regional KP HealthConnect training teams to develop EMR training materials. Develops and oversees production of customized local training materials and curriculum and new hire training. Updates materials as needed to incorporate system upgrades, learnings, etc.
· Evaluates all EMR training/support activities, programs and materials.
· Partners with deployment coordinator and site leadership to develop training and support plan/schedule for each site.
· Develops other EMR as applications experts.
· Assesses results of user readiness surveys. Provides tools, information and training where indicated to enhance user readiness for EMR implementation.
· Researches and remains abreast of new concepts, theories of learning and behaviors, as it relates to technology and training. Evaluates learning methods, curricula, materials and learning aids to determine applicability/usefulness for organization. Assists with negotiating and/or coordinating with internal and external training/development resources to utilize available services in developing programs. Consults with vendors to customize training products and services. Maintains vendor relationships.
· Collaborates with colleagues in other Kaiser Regions/Divisions to keep current regarding skills-building programs and to borrow/share such programs as appropriate.
· Minimum three (3) years of professional training experience with some experience in curriculum development, OR five (5) years of professional/technical experience in healthcare involving clinical workflow/operations or clinical systems support.
· Bachelors degree in organizational behavior, human resources development, education, related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
· Coursework certification in one or more applications by Epic Systems Corporation (must obtain within one year of hire, attainment validated by Epic Systems Corporation).
License, Certification, Registration
· Demonstrated ability to present effectively, and to design and write curriculum.
· Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of organization, including senior management and physicians.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in customer service, creativity/innovation, group presentations, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, written communication, organizational skills, team player, independent working, results orientation, problem solving, group process facilitation, influence, systems thinking, team building, negotiation, adaptability, coaching, mentoring, modeling and recognition.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, multimedia presentations, spreadsheet and database PC applications.
· Technical training experience.
· Masters degree.
· Post high school coursework in curriculum design, public speaking and psychology or related area.
· Familiarity with web applications.
Primary Location: Hawaii,Wailuku,Maui Memorial - Wailuku Tower Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-MHS-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: MAUI MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER - Othr Rgnl-Regl IT Central Svcs – 3601
Maui Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.