The Restaurant Manager is responsible for planning, directing all restaurant operations while maintaining high standards of food, service, health and safety. Ensures the efficient and profitable business performance of the restaurant and the optimal utilization of staff and resources.
Essential Job Functions include but not limited to:
1. Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering of supplies.
2. Control profit and loss by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing inventory, labor, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions.
3. Recruit, interview, hire and train staff and conduct performance appraisals.
4. Ensuring excellent levels of customer service on all shifts and properly handles guest concerns to facilitate repeat business.
5. Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner
6. Provide overall leadership, recognize and motivate members of the team.
7. Instill a culture of excellence and inspire confidence throughout the restaurant staff while displaying strong leadership skills.
8. Communicates daily with Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef in charge, providing current information on large parties of expected VIPs
9. Ensures compliance with local Health Department regulations for sanitation and compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding food and alcoholic beverage service.
10. Maintain good working relationships with vendors and suppliers.
11. Developing, marketing and propmotional ideas to increase sales
12. Ensuring menu pricing is in line with cost.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education: College degree and/or equivalent work experience in Food & Beverage
· Minimum 5 years general manager experience
· Minimum 5 years restaurant management experience in fine dining operation
· Excellent knowledge of computer applications and POS system
· Knowledge of local health codes and sanitation laws
· Knowledge of inventory ordering system and POS system
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Excellent guest service and hospitality skills and professional presentation
· Strong people oriented leadership skills
· Strong analytical/decision making skills
· Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills
· Excellent ability to solve complex problems
· Demonstrated ability to effectively drive sales and profits
· Ability to drive initiatives to increase brand loyalty
· Proven success of building and cultivating strong positive working relationships
· Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Time management and deadline oriented
· Must be effective at listening, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by guests