Maui Health is proud to be a vital part of health care in Maui County and we welcome you to join our team and our mission to provide high-quality care with compassion and aloha. We have many jobs available at our hospitals and clinics on Maui and Lanai: Maui Memorial Medical Center, Maui Memorial Medical Center Outpatient Clinic, Kula Hospital, Kula Clinic and Lanai Community Hospital.
Learn more about our full-time Telephone Operator position at Maui Memorial Medical Center!
Under direct supervision, performs variety of communication functions including, but not limited to, operating telephone/switchboard/paging systems, issuing paging equipment, clerical duties and providing technical support; collaborates with other staff members both within and outside department in accomplishing of own job duties as well as to assist others in accomplishing theirs; serves as team player and role model.
· Performs duties of telephone/switchboard operator. Receives, directs, scans, and relays routine and emergency calls/pages to appropriate areas and individuals before, during, and after hours.Provides back-up information services to customers on campus when information desk is closed; provides courtesy calls. Processes local and long distance outgoing calls and performs overhead paging in a professional manner.
· Performs clerical duties which include word processing, filing, and photocopying in support of departmental needs. Maintainsand updates on-call schedules and works with the Medical Staff Office to maintain a list of physician's personal telephone numbers. Works with IT to maintain the Telephone Directory and updates and compiles new and/or additional telephone/pager listings.
· Notifies appropriate areas of problems or issues that occur. Notifies supervisor when problems occur. Logs complaints/issues in daily journal; refers problems/special calls to supervisor.
· Processes all alarms and emergency codes and pages; notified affected staff and/or external agencies/vendors.
· Responsible for contacting other persons as may be required to on-call schedule and/or procedure.
· Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
· Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
· Minimum one (1) year communications operator or related experience within two years.
· High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
· Customer service experience in a high volume environment.
· Basic clerical skills.
· Ability to actively listen and comprehend callers' requests.
· Basic typing skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and intranet PC applications.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· 10-key by touch.
Benefits offered to part-time & full-time employees:
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Flexible Spending Account
• Employee Discounts
• & more
Apply for our Telephone Operator position today!
To learn more about available career opportunities visit our Maui Health Career's Website!