To plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate all phases of accounting processes for Hawaii Petroleum, LLC. Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, originating and executing the financial and accounting policies and procedures for the Controller.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Direct reports to this position are:
All Accounting Clerks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration required. Staff supervision experience.
· Ability of preparing monthly financial, accounting and operating reports.
· Ability to establish and implement accounting policies, procedures, and work standards.
· Have a working knowledge of internal control framework and GAAP.
· Ensure that individuals and team meet goals.
· Provide highest level of service.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, \and be able to present complex material to a variety of audiences.
Computer Skills: Must be knowledgeable or Accounting Software, databases, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and SharePoint.
Certificates, License, Registrations: Valid Type 3 Driver’s License.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervises accounting staff to ensure adherence to accuracy, efficiency and quality standards.
2. Execute and/or coordinate general accounting and related activities.
3. Ensures monthly journal entries are properly and timely recorded.
4. Oversees preparation of management reports to include monthly P&L account review and weekly KPI analysis, including in depth gross margin analysis and projections for month end. Reviews monthly closing process.
5. Oversees accounting procedures and internal controls (implementing, monitoring, and improving).
6. Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
7. Responsible for preparation, oversight and consolidation of financial statements as well as the monthly closing process.
8. Prepares and manages the preparation of the annual company budgets and forecasting as assigned.
9. Assist in the management of the Company’s fiscal responsibilities.
10. Assist with yearly audit preparation.
11. Prepares monthly, yearly regulatory and governmental information forms.
12. Processes Company taxes and meets applicable deadlines.
13. Works closely with Controller to ensure the accuracy of accounting data and reporting.
14. Supervises and directs the work activities of the accounting staff.
15. Participates in work and Company related training.
16. Complies with all Company’s Rules of Conduct, policies and procedures.
17. Regular attendance. Qualified absences related to the State and Federal Family Medical Leave Act must be reported to Human Resources.
18. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.