Maui Health is proud to be a vital part of health care in Maui County and we welcome you to join our team and our mission to provide high-quality care with compassion and aloha. We have many jobs available at our hospitals and clinics on Maui and Lanai: Maui Memorial Medical Center, Maui Memorial Medical Center Outpatient Clinic, Kula Hospital, Kula Clinic and Lanai Community Hospital.
Learn more about our full-time Accountant, Associate position at Maui Memorial Medical Center!
Classifies and records accounting transactions. Maintains appropriate internal controls over cash receipts and company records. Implements, updates, and maintains accounting system.
· Gathers, analyzes, compiles, records, reconciles, and prepares data and information for a wide variety of statistical and accounting reports and studies.
· Develops, implements, and maintains chart of accounts, procedures, and effective reporting systems.
· Ensures compliance with regional policies, accepted accounting principles, and governmental regulations.
· Participates in maintenance and upgrades to accounting systems. Recommends system modifications.
· May assist in development, motivation, and utilization of assigned personnel.
· Plans and conducts comprehensive and detailed analyses of work flow and system functions.
· Minimum two (2) years general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets, finance, or related experience.
· Bachelors degree in business administration, accounting, related field or four (4) years experience in a directly related field.
· Demonstrated knowledge of financial data collection, processing, and reporting.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in conflict resolution, results orientation, decision making, customer service, influence, negotiation, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, analytical, quality management, systems thinking, teamwork, written communication, and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database PC applications.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) by the Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs.
· Masters degree in business administration or related field.
Benefits offered to part-time & full-time employees:
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Flexible Spending Account
• Employee Discounts
• & more
Apply for the Associate Accountant position today!
To learn more about available career opportunities visit our Maui Health Career's Website!