14 Burglaries on Maui October 9-15October 24, 2011, 1:27 PM HST · Updated December 16, 7:22 AM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
Maui police responded to 14 residential burglaries in the second week of October, from the 9th to 15th.
The incidents included five cases in Kahului, and two each in Kihei and Waiehu. Cases also occurred in Kaunakakai, Kula, Maalaea, Makawao, and Wailuku.
The complete list of locations affected and times in which the incidents occurred are as follows:
- Monday, Oct. 10, 4:31 p.m.: Ekolu Street, unlawful entry
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, 9 a.m.: W. Lanai Street, forced entry
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, 7:30 a.m.: Niihau Street, unlawful entry
- Wednesday, Oct. 12, 10:30 a.m.: Pohai Street, main house, forced entry
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 2 a.m.: Iuka Place, unlawful entry
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, 3 a.m.: Pio Place, at Hale Alii, unlawful entry
- Wednesday, Oct. 12, 9 a.m.: Hoomau Street, forced entry
- Thursday, Oct. 13, 7:30 a.m.: Malaihi Road, forced entry
- Sunday, Oct. 9, 10:30 p.m.: Hauoli Street at the Maalaea Kai, unlawful entry
- Friday, Oct. 14, 5 p.m.: Ulele Street, forced entry
- Thrusday, Oct. 13, 12:07 a.m.: Ohelo Place, near lower rental unit, forced entry
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 10:22 p.m.: Kaunakakai, Molokai on Ala Malama Avenue, unlawful entry
- Thursday, Oct. 13, 10 p.m.: North Kihei Rd at the Kihei Sands, unlawful entry
- Saturday, Oct. 15 at 5:15 p.m.: South Kihei Road at Maui Park Shores, unlawful entry
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.