First Friday Celebrates Christmas in Wailuku, Dec. 2November 28, 2016, 4:45 PM HST · Updated November 28, 4:48 PM 0 Comments
The theme for this week’s Wailuku First Friday event is Christmas in Wailuku. The monthly event is slated for Friday, Dec. 2, 2016 from 6 to 9 p.m. on Market Street.
Entertainment: This free family event features food, crafts, and the following entertainment:
- A Christmas Parade Featuring Santa Claus & Baldwin High School Marching Band on Market Street at 6:15 p.m.
- Live Music with Kaina Kountry featuring a Special Baldwin High School Band Opening Performance on the Maui Thing Stage from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Live Music by Tarvin Makia in the Beer Garden featuring Special Winter & Holiday Beers from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
- Live Music under the Banyan Tree with Kalama Intermediate School ʻUkulele Ensemble from 6 to 6:30 p.m. & Benny Uyetake from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Other Wailuku First Friday highlights include:
- Lei Kalikimaka – A Benefit Fundraiser Selling Handcrafted Christmas Wreaths from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Art Show Opening Featuring Sal Godinez at Wailuku Coffee Company from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Pono Store Open on Main Street for the Holiday Season
- Wells Park Mobile Community Visioning Booth: Share Your Ideas and Memories, ʻĪao Square from 6 to 9 p.m.
- A Hui Hou Print and Merchandise Sales: 100% of Proceeds will Benefit Displaced HC&S Workers
- Holiday Photo Booth with Maui High School
- Light Up Wailuku Contest Winners Announced at the Maui Thing Stage at 8 p.m.
- View First Friday live on www.wailukucam.com with host Harry Eager -courtesy of Kamaʻāina Loan & Cash for Gold, 98 N. Market Street
Parking/Street Closure: To accommodate the festivities, the street will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 5:30 p.m. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed. Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9 p.m.; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9 p.m.
Sponsors: Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, First Hawaiian Bank, Kamaʻāina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Hawaiʻi Carpenters Union-Maui, Meadow Gold, HMSA, and Connec, LLC.
Friday Town Parties are now celebrated every week, every month in different locations across the County.