Grad Nite Galore at Makawao Town Party, May 19
“Grad Nite Galore: Kicking it Old School” will be the theme of the upcoming Third Friday Town Party in Makawao, on Friday May 19, 2017. The event kicks off graduation weekend from 6 to 9 p.m., as community businesses join in congratulating the Class of 2017.
Visitors can enjoy free entertainment, food trucks and booths, art and crafts, and local shopping and restaurants.
Live Music and Entertainment:
● MMA features Hot Apple Pie on its main stage next to the Rodeo General Store. Music will include classic R&B, Motown and Rock.
● Maui Hands Art Gallery lot across from Casanova’s will have a live performance by the girls from the Makawao Elementary School “Dance Kine” an after school dance program, performing from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Josh will be playing his acoustic guitar to the rhythms of old school to new school hits at 7 p.m.
● The Get Up and Dance troupe will perform line dancing at the top of Baldwin Avenue. The public is invited to join in.
Komoda Bakery Keiki Zone:
● This month’s zone features the Maui Spider Jump. Hop on the spider jump for an extra-ordinary, exhilarating and unique experience.
● Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, hula hooping and lots of big and tiny bubbles.
New to the Block Party:
● Live music is happening on the street at the Makawao Steak House, and their pop-up tent will be serving some yummy burgers and tater tots.
● Habibi’s is celebrating their grand opening, with discounts for grads and their families, featuring Maui Belly Groove, belly dancers.
● Sip Me will have outside bistro style seating available and serving up “Affogato-bout it” which is a tasty moist brownie topped with Gelato from Ono Gelato, with espresso shot.
More Highlights: Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines by Baldwin Avenue and Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some cool car owners.
Silent Auctions and Store Specials: Maui Hands Art Gallery presents their featured Resident Artist this month: Folau Tupou. Folau was born on Oʻahu who learned the art of tiki carving from his Uncle Lavaka, a wood carver and canoe builder famous throughout Hawaiʻi and the South Pacific. Meet the artist and watch him carry on the family tradition of wood carving.
M3F Food Court & Restaurants: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop up food court along Baldwin Avenue.
Free Parking is Available at the Following Areas:
● Makawao Base Yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
● 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
● Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue near the Library is closed this month.
Main Stage (located next to Rodeo General Store)
● Hot Apple Pie
Maui Hands Gallery Lot (located across Casanova’s)
● Makawao Elementary School “Dance Kine” (6 to 6:45 p.m.)
● Josh (7 to 9 p.m.)
Corner of Makawao & Baldwin Ave.
● Get Up & Dance Troupe
Komoda Parking Lot
● Maui Spider Jump & keiki activities
Habibi’s Grand Opening Celebration
● Maui Belly Groove
Makawao Steak House
● Live music and pop-up
● Bistro seating
Baldwin Ave/Brewer Rd
● Maui Classic Cruisers Club