Lahaina Second Friday: Classic Cars, ’50s Rock & Roll, Art
The Second Friday Town Party on April 10 in Lahaina will bring one of the most anticipated events of the year–the Third Annual Classic Car Show and ’50s Rock & Roll Party.
At 5:30 p.m., the fleet of Maui Classic Cruisers will parade down Front Street from The Outlets of Maui and park along Front Street and Hotel Street at Banyan Tree Park.
Campbell Park and Front Street (closed to traffic from 6 to 9 p.m from Prison to Dickenson Street) will come alive with LahainaTown Action Commitee’s car show.
Trophies and Cool Cat Cafe gift certificates will be offered for winners in three categories, plus a “Best in Show” prize of $500 in cash.
Enjoy a special performance from Maui Theater’s Darren Lee of “Burnin Love” from 6 to 7 p.m.
The Benny Uyetake Band will provide rock and roll music from the fifties from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Soroptomist International of West Maui will hold its biggest fundraiser of the year–a silent auction in Campbell Park.
The event will be broadcast via live remote from Campbell park with KONI 104.7 & Joe Hawkins.
Campbell Park comes alive with local ono grinds from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Ono grindz will be served by Cool Cat Cafe, Hawaiian Civic Club, (donated by Betty’s Beach Cafe) and Boys & Girls Club Lahaina (donated by Leilani’s on the Beach).
LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Lahaina restaurants work together to sponsor several west side keiki nonprofits, enabling the organizations to raise funds.
Nonprofit groups include:
- Waiola Church
- Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club
- Na Kiʻa i O Waineʻe
- Hawaiian Civic Club
LAC thanks Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Leilani’s, Captain Jack’s Island Grill, Cool Cat Café, Kimos and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
For more information, call LAC at 667-9175
Friday night is also Art Night throughout Lahaina Town. As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share complimentary pūpū and wine from 6 to 9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map, compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
Art Night Venues
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing and painting by local artists. Special deals, fabulous seconds and clearance sale, serving wine.
- Peter Lik Gallery: Special promotions on art.
- Maui Hands Gallery: Sandra Greenburg will be the artist in residence from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Light refreshments also served.
- Lahaina Galleries: Serving wine from 5 to 10 p.m. Featured artists Andrea Razzauti and Steve Turnbull
- The Village Galleries: Artist George Allen will be at the easel from 6 to 9 p.m. Refreshments will be served
Images Fine Art Gallery: Complimentary wine and live music
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10 to 20% off select items
Sargent’s Fine Art: Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery, featured artist Roman Czerwinski.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: Serving wine and pūpū
- Kingwell Island Art: Live music 6 to 8 p.m. Demonstration of plein air painting. Wine and pūpū will be served.
- Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will paint at the easel and talk about his work.
- Contemporary Masters: Live entertainment
- Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and pūpū
- Vintage Posters: Wine and pūpū
- Diamond Head: Serving wine
- Joelle: Joelle will be painting at the gallery. Wine and pūpū will be served
- Higgins Harte Gallery International: Live music
- Kimo’s: Eric Gilliom Band featuring Amy Hanaialiʻi. Pick up your stamped hula pie card at the Lahaina Visitor Center for free admission.
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment 6 to 9 pm
- Longhi’s: Live music overlooking the water, 7 to 10 p.m.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Live music
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live music Center Stage
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music 9 to 10:30 p.m. Benny Uyetake Band
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo, 7:30 to 10 p.m.
- Amigo’s: Nacho Cardenas “El Mariachi”
Merchant, Restaurant and Foodie Specials
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kamaʻāina discount.
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kamaʻāina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pūpū menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Hard Rock Café: 15% kamaʻāina discount
- Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
- Sugar Cane: Happy hour 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. Pūpū and drink specials with an ocean view Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu.
- Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5 to 9 p.m. on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes. Free sunny Bikini Martinis for 21 and up. $400 in gift certificates will be handed out.
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4 to 8 p.m., with the second scoop free, featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 p.m., $5 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
The Wharf Cinema Center
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second entree.
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off kamaʻāina discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off kamaʻāina discount
- Maui Island Coffee: $2 off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
- Pad Thai: 15% off food only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% off food only
- Makani Kai Island Grill and Bar: 15% kamaʻāina discount
The Wharf Shops Town Party Specials
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off kamaʻāina discount
- Crazy Shirts: Screen printing demo with a complimentary screen print with purchase
- Hangloose Hammocks: $5 off any hammock
- Hibiscus Boutique: 20% off regular priced jewelry
- JC Chism: Free gift with purchase of $20 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free gift with purchase of $20 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% off regularly priced items
- Lana’s Boutique: 10% to 50% off sterling silver & handmade jewelry
- L’Infini: 20% off jewelry; 10% off gift items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery: 10% to 20% discount on select items
- T-Shirt Factory: Buy four shirts and get fifth one free
- The Jade Tiki: Free gemstone wrap necklace with purchase
- Three D Gallery: Free gift with purchase of $20 or more
The Outlets of Maui
The Outlets of Maui presents monthly keiki hula shows every second and fourth Fridays from 5 to 5:45 p.m. All are invited to come and enjoy this wonderful performance by the children of Na Pua O Kapiʻolani. Renowned as the longest running weekly keiki hula show in the State, Na Pua O Kapiʻolani performs traditional hula, Tahitian and a variety of dances
from other Polynesian islands.
Accompanied by a live band and led by Kumu Hula Kathy Ralar, the keiki performers sing, dance, chant and storytell their way into our hearts with the memorable stories and songs of Polynesia.
Baldwin Home Museum
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6 to 8:30 pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson Streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free.
For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or go online.
About Friday Town Parties
Showcasing the unique nature of our historic towns, Maui Friday Town Parties bring the
community together for a pau hana night of outdoor music, art, food and Maui culture.
There is a town party every Friday of the month: Wailuku First Friday, Lahaina Second
Friday, Makawao Third Friday and Kīhei Fourth Friday.
Go online for latest event listings.
The event is co-sponsored by LahainaTown Action Committee, Cool Cat Cafe and the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development.