Shep Gordon Honored at Hawaiʻi Food and Wine FestivalSeptember 7, 2015, 9:00 PM HST · Updated September 10, 1:23 AM 3 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
Maui resident Shep Gordon, known for his years as a Hollywood agent to the stars, was the special honoree at a signature event of the Hawaiʻi Food and Wine Festival held over the weekend at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa.
While he is known for his years of managing successful musicians, Gordon’s work also spans into the culinary realm, with a hand in the career of celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse. Other clients from the culinary scene include Wolfgang Puck, Nobu and Daniel Boulud.
More recently, Gordon welcomed Anthony Bourdain into his home for the Hawaiʻi edition of CNN’s “Parts Unknown.”
The honorary weekend event featured a six-course meal created by six of Gordon’s chef friends at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa’s Nāpili Garden.
Featured chefs included the likes of:
- Robert Del Grande: RDG + Bar Annie – Houston TX
- Celestino Drago: Drago Restaurant Group – Los Angeles CA
- Dean Fearing: Fearing – Dallas TX
- Gregory Grohowski: Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa – Maui HI
- Nancy Silverton: Mozza Restaurant Group – Los Angeles CA
- Mark Tarbell: Tarbell’s Restaurant – Phoenix AZ
According to event material, Gordon is credited with creating the clelebrity chef, “which revolutionized the food industry and turned the culinary arts into the multi-billion dollar industry it is today.”
Scroll Down to Read 3 Comments