Maui Discussion

Ask the Mayor: How Do I Make a Police-Related Complaint?

February 18, 2018, 12:02 PM HST
* Updated February 16, 3:34 PM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the questions submitted to his staff.

Submit your own questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa at [email protected], (808) 270-7855 or mail them to 200 S. High St., 9th Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793.

Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column.

Aloha Mr. Mayor,

Q: I know there are a lot of good police officers on this island who work very hard and are truly dedicated in their service in keeping our community safety. However, I would like to make a police-related complaint. How do I go about filing a complaint?


A: I agree with you. There are many, many good officers serving our community.


The police commission receives and reviews police-related complaints.

The required form is available at the Wailuku Police Station, or online at; click on “Police Commission” then “Complaint Form.”

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments